Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Eat Your Broccoli!

EAT YOUR BROCCOLI!

Fresh vegetables are *GOOD* for you!

Lucky for me that I love my veggies.

It also seems that broccoli is making news as a cancer fighter.


Yeah!!! Go broccoli!

So, for me, having had breast cancer, I am now even more passionate about eating things to help my body get and stay healthy! So, along with my steamed veggies and healthy protein, I am definitely adding in eating raw as well.

This afternoon, I made a huge tray of raw fresh broccoli, white button mushrooms, parsley, tomatoes, and carrots. I even used ample dip. I ate all I wanted (about half the whole platter) and couldn't finish what was in front of me. Afterwards, for my protein, I finished with about 1/2 ounce of walnut halves mixed with about 1/8 cup of dried Michigan cherries.

My total calorie count was 330.

My nutrition count was 100%, tasty, filling, balanced, cancer-fighting, whole food.

Bon Appétit!

-bbffair

{Broccoli, photograph courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net <p><a href="http://www.freedigitalphotos.net">Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net</a></p>}

No comments:

Post a Comment