Friday, June 2, 2017

Crazy Over Crepes!

I Have Gone Crazy Over Crepes!s!


















About two months ago, I was remembering skiing in Colorado where I lived in Aspen and in Vail for many years. There was a deadend run on one mountain -Buttermilk Mountain- where the only way out was the lift. But, on Sundays, there was this wonderful, simple Crepe Cart next to the chairlift where you could get a fresh brewed French coffee and a freshly made Crepe Suzzette or Strawberry Crepe! They served them until they ran out and they always ran out by mid-morning!

In Boston, in College, my favorite Special Treat Restaurant, was a Crepe Restaurant! I always ordered the Seafood Newburg Crepe and the Strawberry Crepe!

So, I opened my trusty Google search engine and began hunting down Crepe Recipes and turned my family into my testers!

I had soooooooo much Fun!

The first thing I recreated was my memory of Strawberry Crepes! Yummmmm!

Then I went on to create a Crepe Steak Diane using Papaya Juice instead of Brandy.

Then, for my daughter who is a chocolate fiend, I made a Chocolate Crepe that she fought over for the third one with her boyfriend.

(Don't you love it when they fight over your food!)

Oh, and even though the Dessert Crepes wouldn't be considered Light Fare, they are So Satisfying that you can split one and have Really Enjoyed your Treat! And, BTW, a well-made Crepe is so very Light that a Dinner Crepe is All About The Yumm! In my opinion, if the food is Delicious, then Treat Yourself with Something Wonderful!!!  A little Wonderful goes a long way!

Do you have a favorite Crepe or Crepe Recipe? Send it to this blog, please! I have just the taste testers who are ready -and eager!- to be your Taste Kitchen!

Bon Appitite!

bbffair

No comments:

Post a Comment