Sunday, July 17, 2011

Breast Cancer


This is a heart painting that I have made called "Three Hearts." It's about joining hearts. I turned it into a print and a project I call "1000 Hearts"  to share with dear friends and also to help support children's causes.*

Dear Friends,

This is why you haven't heard from me in awhile.

I don't want to mess with you. I don't think I have done anything really wrong. But I have a lump and I am and have been scared to hell, which is why I stopped posting for a while.

I'll get back to you after I learn more. I have just learned that I have invasive ductal carcinoma. (I wish I could cross that out too.)


Now for the really hard news:  It is treatable but I need immediate surgery. And, in this economy where our income has (temporarily we have hoped but still not beyond the tight part) gone down by 75%,  we made a tough decision that was based on the fact that we just couldn't afford our ever-rising health insurance premiums.  I was so healthy and I was doing so much right about that, so when we couldn't afford health insurance anymore (for a while, we thought, on a calculated low risk), we went on the "don't get sick" health plan.

So now, my husband and I are scrambling.

Prayers and good wishes are sooooooo appreciated.

I wish every woman–and man– great health.

Love,

bbffair

*(If you would like more information on how to become part of my "1000 Hearts Project" and to purchase a modestly priced signed and numbered of my "Three Hearts" print, shown above, and to help support children's causes, your own preferred ones or one of mine, please email me at bbffari@aol.com.)

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was just commenting on your other post when I came across this one. I too have been in the position of receiving that scary diagnosis (for me it was ovarian cancer, thankfully detected very early on) and so can understand how terrified you must be. I wish you so much strength and positivity in your journey. Well wishes to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauper. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Cancer is s.c.a.r.y. I have just finished surgery and feel greatly relieved and hopeful at last.

    ReplyDelete