Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grocery List - Continued

Kroger's just happens to be my friendly, neighborhood grocery store. It's convenient and close. I can even walk to it!! (Extra exercise!) And I really like the people who work there. They are so nice. And, when you get to know the workers, well sometimes they'll go into the back and get you that cut you really wanted when it's not out. And, even besides that, it is always worthwhile to make friends with the people you do business with!

Kroger's has some of my favs in stock in my local store, but it may not necessarily be your neighborhood grocery store. So, go to the one of your choice. Any good grocery will do. Just be sure that the produce–and protein–is really fresh and looks and smells great when you buy it. Feel the energy of the food.

[Photo: "Mixed Vegetables" by Suat Eman
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=151]

The following items are often on my grocery list:

-Fresh Whole Milk
-Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice (I like No Pulp)

-Folgers' Gourmet Supreme Deep and Full Bodied Dark Roast Coffee (My House Coffee)
-Ken's Steak House Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

-Artisan Lettuce (Premium Quality/Private Selection) Kroger (*These are four small masterpiece gourmet specialty heads of lettuce in a large plastic container. It costs $3.99 and it keeps and keeps and is 100% usable. It is well worth the money because the other lettuces all wilt in two days tops and are not nearly as good or tasty and, not only that, you can use whole pieces of the lettuce for "breadless sandwich wraps!")

-Italian parsley
-cilantro
-fresh avocados
(you can never have enough choices for protein in my house)
-fresh tomatoes (smell them!)
-big fresh white mushrooms
-one nice spaghetti squash
-fresh baby spinach (usually in a plastic container pre-washed)

-Freshlike canned small sliced beets
-DelMonte's original stewed canned tomatoes
-Paul "Newman's Own" Soccaronni Spaghetti Sauce


-ground lean chicken (or turkey, but the turkey puts me right to sleep!)

-Boarshead low sodium thin sliced turkey (get it at the deli by the pound and when you get home divide it into four four ounce sections or eight two ounce sections - each ounce is 60 calories. That way, although you already know how light it is, you can count on the calories it contributes. This is great tasting, very lean sliced turkey and great protein and it doesn't put me to sleep either.)

-one or two packages of (2 breasts each package) fresh chicken breasts with the bones and skin on, (cheaper, more flavor for cooking and juicer results. You can let your family eat the skin or throw it away with the bones. I cook up four breasts, use two for (my husband and me) dinner that night and eat on the rest throughout the week.)

Note: I buy my fish fresh on the day I plan to cook it and I supplement extras and replacements as the week goes along.

-bbffair

No comments:

Post a Comment