Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday – and a Tasty, Calorie-Light, Healthy Recipe - Sweet Potato Carrot Parsnip Almond Sliver Soup – Yumm!


Okay, at last. After I've cleaned up my mess; it's on to lunch:

Sweet Potato Carrot Parsnip Almond Sliver Soup

I love soups with garnishes. To be more succinct, I love a LOT of garnish with a little soup.

Heat one cup (110 calories) of the Imagine Sweet Potato Soup (there are 4 cups in a box) from the grocery list.
While it warms up, spoon 3 or 4 big soup spoons of the carrot-parsnip grainy mix into a bowl.
Measure out 1/6 of a cup of slivered almonds. (I like to take my 1/3 cup and fill it half-way and then add another pinch.) (1/3 cup of slivered almonds on my package says it's 200 calories, so my measurement–1/6 cup + a pinch–equals about 125 calories.)
Mix the almonds and the carrot-parsnip mixture, then pour the 1 cup of hot sweet potato soup over it, add ground and cracked pepper.

I seriously think this is Food!

Afterwards, finish with a small orange.

Your lunch was healthy, easy, and delicious. And only about 350 calories including the orange and it included protein (something I have to have at every meal in some fashion), vegetables, fresh ingredients, and a fruit finish!

Please let me know if you tried it and liked it. I'd love to know!

Bon Appetite!

-bbffair

No comments:

Post a Comment