Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lettuce Wraps

So, remember from the earlier grocery list http://lightbodies.blogspot.com/2011/05/grocery-list-continued.htmlabout the Boarshead low sodium turkey breast and the Artisan lettuce?

This is so simple and light.

You take two beautiful full leaves of the Artisan lettuce (or another lettuce) and in the middle you put 2 ounces of the turkey, two slices of tomato, and pepper.

Voila!

Lunch!

-bbffair

(One of these is just 125 calories. You can have two or three for a modest lunch or just one for a light protein boost meal or a snack.)

P.S. One teaspoon of horseradish mustard is only 5 calories so go ahead if you need a little kick!

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

-bbffair

2 comments:

  1. Hiya bb - one thing I do to save time and to make sure I get an interesting assortment of fresh yummy greens is that I buy whole heads of leaf lettuce, spinach and kale. Then I wash and spin dry them all, and put an assortment of each into zip loc bags in my crisper. Sometimes I even add parsley and cilantro to the mix. THEN all that prep is done and this will keep for several days. From then on, it's some protein, a handful or two of greens and any other healthy additions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! And I soooo appreciate quick and prepped!

    The "Artisan lettuce" I talk about usually includes 2 to 4 different kinds of small gourmet heads of lettuce (4 total) and not only are they really nice varieties, but they keep so much longer, which I really appreciate. (I Love Fresh!) I especially like the baby spinach cause it's already cleaned and so easy just to grab and toss into everything. I will try the kale. Sounds like a great add in!

    ReplyDelete