Thursday, June 2, 2011

Black Bean Soup



-Imagine Bistro Organic Cuban Black Bean Bisque

You have to taste this soup. It is my opinion that this soup can do no wrong. It is thick as mud and smooth and beautiful to behold and heavenly to the taste buds.

I've been perusing recipes and there are many to choose from.

Today, I made my husband a bowl with two tablespoons of salsa and a teaspoon of sour cream.

For myself,
I chopped up two big fresh white mushrooms,
2 ounces of the Boarshead low-sodium turkey I like, (I like a good protein boost)
cilantro (:-D),
and a half-can of DelMonte stewed tomatoes.

I cut it all up and mixed it and poured my hot black bean soup over it.

Now, let me say a word or two about soups and sauces.
They are divine.
They are not evil.
You can look up their calorie content and decide which and what amount to go with.

(My husband's soup was 170 calories soup + 10 calories salsa + 50 calories sour cream = total calories of 230. Not a full lunch for him, but he just stopped in the house and had to have some!)

(My soup had a BIG protein boost. It included 170 calories soup + 120 calories turkey + 70 calories stewed tomatoes + 10 calories mushrooms = total calories of 370 all good for me and now I am good to go all afternoon.)

You can also make adjustments in some recipes without loosing any flavor.
Sauces and dips and things do not have to be loaded with fat or flour or evil preservatives or sugar.

AND...
Eating right should be delicious!

-bbffair

No comments:

Post a Comment